Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Freedom Fest 10K Playlist

I've had a couple of requests for my playlist from this past weekends race. I took Stacey's advice and tried to find songs with 170+bpm...

Ocean Avenue - Yellowcard/ You're Gonna Go Far Kid - The Offspring
Baba O'Riley - The Who / Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who / The Hand That Feeds - NIN
Percussion Gun - White Rabbit / Animal - Neon Trees
The Girl Got Hot - Weezer / Welcome to the Black Parade - My Chemical Romance
Untouched - The Veronicas / Uprising - Muse
Big Machine - Velvet Revolver / Knights of Cydonia - Muse
Run - Vampire Weekend /Little Lion Man - Mumford and Sons
A- Punk - Vampire Weekend / Best of Me - Morningwood
Holiday - Vampire Weekend /How Far We've Come - Matchbox 20
Vertigo - U2/ Ruby - Kaiser Cheifs
That's Not My Name - The Ting Tings / Are You Gonna Be My Girl - JET
Mind Eraser, No Chaser - Them Crooked Vultures/ The Resolution - Jacks Mannaquin
Reptilia - The Strokes / Sequestered In Memphis - The Hold Steady
Liztomania - Phoenix /Constructive Summer - The Hold Steady
1901 - Phoenix / Paris (Ooh La La) - Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
Heavy Cross - The Gossip / Rope - Foo Fighters
Long Road to Ruin - Foo Fighters / Best of You - Foo Fighters
Monkey Wrench - Foo Fighters / Dog Days are Over- Florence and The Machine
Love the Way You Lie - Eminem (ft. Rhianna) / I'm Shipping up to Boston - Drop Kick Murphys
Tessie - The Drop Kick Murphys / 99 Problems - JayZ
Dirt Off Your Shoulder - JayZ/ Forget You - Cee Lo Green
I'm Not Over - Carolina Liar / The Rock Show - Blink 182
Howlin For You - The Black Keys / Everlasting Light - The Black Keys
When The Sun Goes Down - Arctic Monkeys / The Great Defector - Bell X1
Month of May - Arcade Fire / Gives You Hell - The All- American Rejects
Anchor - Alejandro Escovedo / Miss Murder - AFI
Rolling in the Deep - Adele / Blitzkreig Bop - The Ramones
Even Flow - Pearl Jam/ Little Secrets - Passion Pit
Last Resort - Papa Roach / Ignorance - Paramore



Now I didn't put up and record times, but the playlist made the run enjoyable and kept me going when the 2 of the 3 aid stations didn't have any water left.

Your input is always welcome, what should I add to my playlist for the 1/2 marathon in October?

4 comments:

  1. Great list! Thanks for sharing! Since you asked for input, I have provide a few ideas below...

    I am a little nervous to suggest this because I worry I might not pass the Reese requirements for quality music, but I really enjoy running to 30 Seconds to Mars. (I know that a former actor is a lead singer...but I just look past that...) Most of their songs have a powerful chorus so they give you energy on your run. Recommended songs include Kings and Queens, This is War and Closer to the Edge.

    Also, since you included some rap in there, I would also recommend a few Kanye tracks like Stronger, Champion, Good Life and Flashing Lights.

    Finally a few tracks specifically that came to mind: Viva la Vida (Coldplay), Encore (Jay-Z), Show Me What You Got (Jay-Z), Bend and Break(Keane), and Cigarettes in the Theatre (Two Door Cinema Club)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list! Even though it is old, I think you should add Queen's, "Don't stop me now." Awesome power song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great suggestions. Jason, I contemplated some Kanye... finally decided everytime he comes on I end up skipping over him. Don't mind his stuff, can't stand the person. Nat, I just downloaded Queens greatest hits. Freddy Mercury goes well with a nice morning run.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Queen is what got me through the SLC half. Well done on getting the greatest hits.

    ReplyDelete